Thank you for your interest in auditioning with BRYT. Please click on the links below to see information on a specific show.
Most of our auditions are pretty low key. They usually include reading scenes from the script, doing a few improvisation (improv) exercises, and, if it’s a musical, singing a song.
Tips for a Successful Audition
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early so that you can fill out paperwork and talk with other actors you might know.
- Bring a bottle of water with you. Nerves make you more thirsty than usual. So do singing, talking, and dancing.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move around in. You never know when we’ll ask you to do jumping jacks or the Hokey Pokey. In others words, miniskirts and heels are probably a bad idea. And absolutely No Flip Flops!
- Always look over a scene, whispering your lines to yourself, before you read it for the director.
- Theater is all about working as a team. It’s not about who is “the best”, it’s about everyone doing their best work in the part that is right for them and the play.
- The director and producer want you to succeed. We’re not here to judge you, we’re here to see how you fit into the show.
- Remember to breathe!
For information on backstage opportunities, click here.
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.